We traveled down to Tasmania Australia to spend a romantic weekend in this rugged, romantic island. Our weekend was filled with incredible food, fun adventures, and beautiful hikes. The purity and authenticity of the land was completely awe-inspiring and it made Tasmania Australia the perfect place to spend a romantic weekend.
We spent three nights in Tasmania Australia; two in Freycinet National Park and one night in the capital city of Hobart. We could have easily spent a few weeks in Tasmania and we were sad to only have three nights to explore this incredible island.
- $$: Edge of the Bay: Just as the name suggests, this hotel is on the edge of (Coles) Bay with incredible views of the red rocks. This hotel has kitchens and multi-bedroom units making it perfect for groups or couples trying to cook.
Photo from Saffire Freycinet
- $$$: Freycinet Lodge: Lovely hotel in Freycinet National Park with a fabulous restaurant.
- $$$$: Saffire Freycinet: The best of the best — if you can afford this top shelf ticket, it’s well worth it. Warning: The hotel is so amazing that you may never leave.
Things To Do
- Hike Freycinet National Park: Freycinet National Park is filled with one beautiful mountain after the other. While there are dozens of walks to squelch your inner Muir, the hike to Wineglass Bay was by far our favorite. While it’s not the most difficult walk, it is definitely the most beautiful.
- Visit the Salamanca Market: This street market in Salamanca Place is the place to go on Saturday’s in the capital city. A foodies dream, munch your way through the dozens of food trucks and stands, enjoy live music, and plenty of shopping.
- Sail Great Oyster Bay: Tasmania Australia is best viewed by sailing the sea. We loved sailing Great Oyster Bay with Sail Freycinet on a sunset sail. Bring a sweater, enjoy a glass of champagne, and take in the splendor of Tasmania.
- Dine in downtown Hobart: Hobart is a favorite city for foodies. With plenty of fresh fish and oysters, choose from anyone of the waterfront restaurants. Have a coffee after dinner as Saturday nights by the water are especially popular.
To have Roamaroo book your romantic vacation to Tasmania, click here!
What are your favorite places to visit in Tasmania Australia? Comment below!
Leave A Comment