When you walk into the luxury Mallorca hotel, the Belmond La Residencia, you enter a magical realm of peace and serenity nestled in the Tramantuna Mountains on the island of Mallorca. Citrus trees and olive trees sprinkle the grounds, which date back to the 16th and 17th centuries. This five-star hotel hideaway is by far the most luxurious in Mallorca and one of the most lavish hotels in all of Europe.
Each of the 72 rooms at the Belmond La Residencia is ornately decorated and unique. Rooms range from base rooms to junior suites, suites to villas, and there is one designer suite. Many of the suites and villas have private pools.
We stayed in room 25, a Junior Suite, which had a living room, balcony, spacious bathroom, and impressive deck area.
- El Olivo: This romantic candlelit restaurant dishes delicious Mediterranean cuisine in an elegant and inviting environment. Choose from a tasting menu, a la carte menu, or vegetarian menu, and pair it with a sommelier curated wine. While every table is romantic, couples should request one of the front corner tables along the terrace.
- Café Miró: Café Miró is a charming restaurant at the Belmond La Residencia that dishes appetizing tapas, local favorites, and fresh fish. We highly recommend sitting outside on the mountain-facing terrace.
- Son Fony: The opulent and delicious daily brunch is served at Son Fony above the main pool. Guests can choose from local Iberian hams, freshly baked pastries and breads, Mallorcan delicacies, as well as a la carte eggs.
- Pool Café: If you don’t want to travel far from your pool chair, stroll on over to the pool café. This simple, but delightful menu serves everything you’ll need to keep your relaxing day going at the Belmond La Residencia.
The town of Deià
While many people choose to stay in the capital of Palma in Mallorca, we wanted to get a little off the beaten path and go to one of the prettiest places on the island – Deià. The town of Deià is a dreamlike fairytale town on the West Coast of Mallorca. Unlike the infamous party reputation that Mallorca has Deia is a place of peace. It’s a spot to unwind, to breathe, and to let your mind be free. In today’s fast paced world, it’s not often that we’re able to think and ponder, but in Deià, you can finally do just that.
There are endless activities at the Belmond La Residencia making the resort a destination in itself.
- Art: La Residencia and the town it resides in, Deià, prides itself on its attention to art and local artists. There are a multitude of artistic experiences including visits to sculpture gardens as well as painting and sculpture classes. The hotel also has an impressive art collection that is spread across the guest rooms and its sculpture garden. Guests can choose from
- Boat Charter: The resort has its own boat charter that transports guests around the Sea, departing from the Port of Sóller. This activity can be booked upon arrival at the hotel and it is limited to 11 guests.
- Spa: The Belmond La Residencia is home to a world-class spa complete with a divine indoor pool and a fully extensive spa menu. The selection of services is extensive and is deserving a full day of a pampering.
- Pools: There are a multitude of pools to choose from at the Belmond La Residencia. There is the main outdoor pool and the indoor spa pool, both of which are available to all guests. There is also an adult pool, available to guests that are 18 and older. Additionally, many of the guest suites have their own private pools.
- Tennis: The hotel has on ground tennis courts that also offer tennis lessons to guests.
Leave A Comment