Your honeymoon is the beginning of your happily ever after, and with so many fabulous destinations, how does one choose? Whether you’re looking to lay on a beach for a week with a cocktail in hand or craving some adventure, here are the top 10 honeymoon destinations based on your personality.
For the Adventure Seeker:
1. The first on our list of the best honeymoon destinations is Londolozi, Sabi Sands, Kruger, South Africa! – Cuddle up to your honey to view the Big 5 in your own private Land Rover at this ultra lux private game reserve. Londolozi is a Zulu word that means “protector of all living things.” This visionary private game reserve prides itself on its ecotourism. Londolozi’s vast knowledge of its game coupled with its impeccable attention to detail is truly unparalleled.
For the Elegant
2. Villa D’Este, Como, Italy – The uber opulent hotel sits on the edge of Lake Como. Known for its impeccable gardens and ultra lux hospitality, every detail is tended to immaculately at this hotel. If you like your cappuccinos served by a white handed glove, this is the place for you two.
For the Dancing Queens
Photo Credit: Hacienda Na Xamena
3. Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza, Spain – This Balaeric resort & spa is tucked into the cliffs on the northern coast of Ibiza. About 30 minutes from the party capital of the world, take a car service or taxi to Ibiza town and dance it up at one of the many famous clubs. Far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Ibiza town, enjoy couples massages (with a focus on those dancing feet) while taking in the Balaeric sunset.
The best honeymoon destinations For the Social Butterflies
4. Luxury Cruise on Silversea – Want to cruise around the Mediterranean with 100 other likeminded individuals? Explore on Silversea, an ultra-lux yachting line that has a 1:1 ratio of staff to travelers on board. Nosh on gourmet food from their top chefs, take in the sights from their expert staff, and enjoy the world with the company of others.
For the Romantics
Photo Credit: Mystique Hotel
5. Mystique Hotel, Santorini – A luxury hotel collection resort, this Starwood property is on the heart of the Aegean caldera. Experience sweeping views of the Aegean Sea all from the privacy of your villa. Cuddle up and toast to the start of a beautiful life as the sun sets on the mystical island.
For Nature Lovers
Photo Credit: Traavasa
6. Travaasa Hana, Maui – Away from the hustle and bustle of Ka’Anapali lies Travaasa in the starry-filled skies of Hana. Enjoy the real Hawaii at this lux nature resort where you can stand up paddleboard, husk coconuts, take a private yoga session, or partake in one of the many nearby activities like the famed Road to Hana or Haleakala Crater.
For the Spiritual
7. Hanging Gardens Ubud, Bali – Visit the spiritual center of the world while enjoying a two-tiered infinity pool at the Hanging Gardens in Ubud, Bali. This tropical oasis caters to your every need. Enjoy poolside massages with wine or take a secluded hike to the temple that sits like a portrait high above the Ayung River. Every villa has a plunge pool. With that much privacy, can someone say skinny dipping?
The best honeymoon destinations for the Luxury Lover
Photo Credit: St. Regis Bora Bora
8. St. Regis, Bora Bora – Fly away to Polynesian bliss at this euphoric island escape. Book an exclusive overwater villa where you can look out on the turquoise lagoon 24×7. Take paddleboards out onto the water or enjoy massages at the spa.
For the Daredevils
Photo Credit: Matakauri Lodge
9. Matakauri Lodge, Queenstown, New Zealand – If your idea of romance is bungee jumping off of a bridge to nowhere or hiking up a glacier, then Matakauri Lodge is the place for you and your honey. Nestled on Lake Wakatipu with sweeping views of nearby mountains, cozy up on your private porch as you pour another glass of local wine.
For the City Slickers:
Photo Credit: Alvear Palace Hotel
10. Alvear Palace Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina – A first class hotel through and through, this ritzy Recoleta hotel keeps a posh vibe without being pretentious. A Condé Nast Gold List select for 2015, the Alvear Palace Hotel is the perfect place for you and your sweetheart to spend an unforgettable honeymoon, smack dab in the middle of the silver city.