When it comes to craft breweries, Portland Maine is King. This capital city has approximately 11.3 breweries per capita, which makes it one of the leading craft brewery cities in the entire United States. From porters to pilsners and sours to stouts, Portland Maine is one of the best brewery cities in the entire United States. Here is our list of the best breweries in Portland Maine:
Portland: come thirsty, leave happy
- Rising Tide, East Bayside: Rising Tide was by far one of our favorite breweries in all of Portland. Opened by a husband and wife team in 2010, Rising Tide has a great outdoor seating area, tasty brews, and delicious brick oven pizzas! When it comes to the best breweries in Portland in Maine, Rising Tide is definitely cream of the crop.
- Austin Street Brewery, Fox Street: Austin Street Brewery made some of our favorite sour beers in the entire world. Located right next door to Rising Tide, Austin Street Brewery had a fabulous outdoor space, great customer service, and delectable brews.
- Oxbow Blending & Bottling, East End: Oxbow Blending & Bottling has an amazing outdoor beer garden area to sip delicious sour beers (mixed-fermentation). They are known for their Farmhouse Pale Ale, a fermented saison. There is also a Duckfat stand at the location for you to coat your stomach with delicious French fries before embarking on your next brewery stop.
- Novare Res: If you love Belgian beers, you’ll love Novare Res. The owners toured the world, studying fermented beverages and beer bars around the globe. While they have a plethora of genres of beer (they are not a Belgian beer bar), they have perfected the art of the Belgian beer.
- Liquid Riot: Liquid Riot is a brewery, distillery, and restaurant-bar in Portland. Trust us, you’ll never go thirsty at Liquid Riot. There is a waterfront deck, plenty of beers on draft, wine, cider, cocktails, and spirits.
- Allagash Brewing Company, Riverton: Allagash Beer is now distributed all over the United States and the world, but if you want to see where it all began, then head to the Allagash Brewing Company in the Riverton area of Portland. While you’re there, sample their signature beer – the Allagash White.
Leave A Comment