Weaving our way through the cobblestone streets of Diagon Alley, the pitter-patter of our feet tried to keep up with our racing hearts. We waved our wizard wands into the night sky, casting spells and transporting ourselves to a different universe, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We giggled uncontrollably until we rolled onto the ground, belly laughing like we were children once again. We were young, we were in love, and we were at Universal Orlando Resort.
Many people think that Universal Orlando Resort is only for kids, but we recently had the most incredible couples vacation to this magical world. From the action and adventure of the theme park to the buzzing nightlife on CityWalk, the luxurious hotels to the gourmet restaurants, there’s nothing better than a couple’s getaway to Universal Orlando Resort.
1. Wizarding World of Harry Potter: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was by far our favorite area of Universal Orlando Resort. From casting spells on Diagon Alley and drinking Butter Beer (it’s alcohol free, but no need to worry, there are plenty of places to grab an adult beverage) to journeying on the Hogwarts Express to riding the Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, every moment in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was one for the record books. Traveling to this alternate universe together was a bonding experience that will stay with us forever.
2. CityWalk: When the sun goes down, CityWalk at Universal Orlando Resort comes alive. With a bevy of bars, dance clubs, and delicious restaurants, CityWalk is the place for lovers to dance the night away. Here you can escape to Pat O’s Bar and feel like you’re in New Orleans or head to the karaoke bar and sing your heart out. If either of those don’t sound like fun to you, there are numerous other bars and lounges to try out.
3. Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen: This place is over the top delicious!! They’re known for their milkshakes, but everything on the menu is fantastic. If you like old fashioned cocktails, try their speciality, which is a chocolate flavored old fashioned. Scott here, I first thought the chocolate old fashioned would be bad, but after the first sip, I was hooked. Good thing we had to leave early or I could have drank those all night. After enjoying the delicious drinks and savory entrees don’t forget to save room for their famous milkshakes. These delicious desserts not only look stunning but also taste delicious.
4. Loews Portofino: Benvenuti to Italy! We thought we had accidentally boarded a plane to Italy when arrived at the Loews Portofino because it looks exactly like Portofino. The Loews Portofino is by far the most romantic hotel at Universal Orlando Resort. As soon as we stepped onto the property, we were immediately transported back to the Italian Riviera. We took photos on Vespas, sipped on an Aperol Spritz at the American Bar, and ate our weight in gelato. Because calories on vacation don’t count, right?
5. Moe’s tavern for a beer + donuts: “Ring, Ring… Is Amanda Hugenkiss there?” Moe: “Hey guys, I’m looking for a man to hug and kiss.. Anyone.. I need a man to hug and kiss… “ Anyone who watched the Simpsons remembers Bart’s infamous prank calls to Moe’s and you’ll hear plenty of these while visiting Moe’s Bar at Universal Orlando Resort. During our visit to Universal Orlando, we decided to have a date day in Springfield, the home of the Simpsons. We made sure to stop at Moe’s Tavern for a beer (because, yes, this theme park allows alcohol on its grounds – shwing!) and we indulged in giant donuts from Lard Lad Donuts. These donuts were massive – at least twice the size of our faces, but they were WELL worth every bite.
6. Meet the Minions: We have been huge Despicable Me fans and we’ve had a loving obsession with the Minions for years. During our visit to the park, we had the opportunity to meet these lovable characters and make our dreams come true! These little Minions are frisky — Coco even got a kiss from one of them!
7. The Rides: During our trip to Universal Orlando, we let our inner kid take the wheel and we went on every single ride possible. From the Jurassic Park adventure to the Incredible Hulk, the Revenge of the Mummy to the Rip Ride Rockit, we screamed, we shouted, and we laughed until we cried. We highly recommend purchasing an Express Pass (starting at $69.99) so that you can skip all the lines!
Leave A Comment