As a travel blogger, I’ve traveled to nearly 70 countries around the world. Whether I’m yachting through the islands of the Andaman Sea or skiing down the slopes of Chamonix, I need to stay fresh in any destination. While I never check a bag, there are certain beauty essentials that I would never leave home without, especially my Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant.
While I can straddle multiple time zones in one week, it’s important to have a routine to keep me in check. From before I even step onto a plane, I make sure to use my Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant.
1. Step 1: Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant. Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant offers 48 hours of odor and wetness protection plus added skincare benefits of Dove ¼ moisturizers and NutriumMoisture for softer, smoother underarms. Before I even step out of the door for the airport, I glide this on to offer 48 hours of odor and wetness protection. When I land in my next exotic location, I smell good, I feel good, and I’m ready to take on the day!
2. Step 2: Remove Makeup: While makeup may be a girls best friend, especially for photos, it can wreak havoc on your skin in the air. I make sure to remove all face makeup before stepping onto a plane so that I don’t clog my skin with chemicals.
3. Step 3: Moisturize: Moisturizer is a travelers best friend. Stale, recirculated airplane air dries out skin and can add years to your face. I lock in moisture by regularly applying skin moisturizer, eye moisturizer, and hand cream during my flight. If I have an international flight of 8+ hours, I place a deep moisturizing mask on my face to lock in skin moisture as I’m sleeping on the plane.
4. Step 4: Drink Water: While the idea of champagne 38,000 feet up in the air may sound romantic, it is not your skins best friend. While we’re traveling, we need to stay hydrated so that means drinking lots of water up in the air. Since alcohol dehydrates you, that is a major no-no up in the air. I try to drink at least 32 oz. of water on a cross-country flight and save the champagne until I get to my destination.
5. Step 5: Sleep: Jet lag can ruin any vacation or travel trip. As soon as I get on an airplane, I set my watch and phone to the time of my destination to trick my body into thinking I’m in a different time zone already. While there are tons of products that can make you look refreshed and revitalized, no piece of makeup can beat a good nights sleep!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.